Rates and Currencies Solutions Sophomore Summer Analyst Program - 2024
Rates and Currencies Solutions Sophomore Summer Analyst Program 2024
Bank of America is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diverse talent and perspectives. Our Sophomore Analyst Program is an integral part of our commitment to equity and inclusion by recognizing top campus talent from groups who have been historically underrepresented in financial services. While our goal is to target underrepresented groups, all eligible students regardless of background are encouraged to apply.
At Bank of America, we have one of the largest corporate client footprints in the U.S., and we are leaders in structuring interest rate and foreign exchange risk management solutions for these clients. Our Global Rates and Currencies team focuses on providing advisory and execution in the interest rate and foreign exchange markets, working closely with our product partners in Trading as well as our client coverage partners in Banking.
Our Sophomore Analysts gain exposure to a wide spectrum of clients as well as a variety of products such as FX spot and forwards, FX/interest rate swaps and options. The wide range of client profiles and market/product knowledge obtained through our program provide our Sophomore Analysts flexibility to explore the best fit for their skills and goals.
Analysts are active deal team members responsible for working closely with the senior marketers to source, pitch and execute various risk management transactions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating with our partners in Banking and Markets to source new trades and opportunities
- Communicating daily with Trading teams to price and structure various hedging strategies
- Preparing client pitch materials
- Preparing recommendations on timing, size and structure of transactions and managing derivative deal pipeline
- Analyzing risk in the context of cross-border M&A and other event-driven strategic transactions
- Performing comprehensive, in-depth research on FX and Rates markets, companies and market conditions
- Reading company financial statements to develop risk management solutions
A major component and focus of the summer internship revolve projects that each intern presents to senior and junior members of the R&C team. Projects may include analysis of markets with a macro focus and company-specific case studies. Each intern has flexibility to add her/his own creative approach to provide an appropriate risk management solution for the client. These summer projects provide a framework that is conducive for our Sophomore Analysts to reach out and meet as many members of our teams as possible, working with associates from FX Sales, Rates Sales, Strategic FX and Strategic Risk Management Solutions.
The program timing is structured as two 10-week internships over the course of 2 consecutive summers. Upon successful completion of the first internship, analysts will be offered placement into the junior program the following year.
Candidates are required to be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation time frame between December 2025 and June 2026
- Must demonstrate a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Must have a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Dedication to building a career in the finance industry
- Excel and PowerPoint skills strongly recommended
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.