IT Help Desk Support Intern
Cambridge Mobile Telematics (CMT) is on a mission to make the world’s roads and drivers safer. Our first product launched in 2012 and pioneered mobile usage-based insurance. Since then, CMT has become the world’s leading telematics and analytics provider for insurers, rideshares, personal safety providers, and automakers, providing telematics services for 80 enterprise programs in 20 countries. Powered by mobile sensing, artificial intelligence, and behavioral science, we measure driving quality, incentivize safer driving, assist users in crashes in real time, and improve the safety for millions of drivers every day around the world.
CMT is looking for a highly motivated and independent individual to join our IT team reporting to the Helpdesk Manager. As a member of the group, you will provide hardware and software support to our internal customers. You will also have the opportunity to work on a speciaal internship project of your choice. The ideal candidate will be able to balance their workload, Help Desk tickets, asset procurement, and chosen intern project.
- Configure computers for employees, including standard imaging builds, software installations and configuration, network configurations, testing
- Log and update technical support requests through the incident management system
- Maintain inventory and assist with peripherals and parts
- Coordinate repair of laptops
- Work on other various projects as they arise
- Pursuing or currently enrolled in bachelor's degree program in related field with 1 year experience providing technical support
- Ability to come into the Cambridge office 1-2 days a week
- Experience in troubleshooting/supporting Mac and PC operating systems in a professional role
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and come into our Cambridge office 1-2 days per week
- Ability to identify and prioritize tickets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be organized and be detail-oriented
- Experience administering OneLogin, G Suite, Jira, and Zoom
- Competitive hourly rate based on skills and experience
- Flexible scheduling options depending on role and responsibilities
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (improving road safety)
- Have fun at our frequent team outings
- Volunteer at local organizations
- CMT will do all that is possible to support our employees and create a positive work environment for all!
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At CMT, we are intensifying our commitment to provide opportunities and career growth to the underrepresented. We are focused on creating an inclusive work environment that encourages a diversity of background and thought to produce the best products and services within our industry.
CMT is an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees’ lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state. CMT is headquartered in Cambridge MA. To learn more, visit www.cmtelematics.com and follow us on Twitter @cmtelematics.