Big Data Engineer Intern
We are developing some of the first AI-powered algorithms to transform care for pregnant women at risk for adverse outcomes. There are multiple events around the time of delivery that can affect the outcome and experience for both the mother and infant. Our lab is focused on creating critical cutting-edge future-forecasting and vitals-management algorithms to improve patient safety, predict and prevent adverse pregnancy outcomes.
We are looking for a responsible, motivated, and self-directed big data engineering intern who is interested in the translation of medical data to artificial intelligence tasks. You will be assisting in the creation of modules which extract, transform, and load medical record data into machine learning-ready databases. Big Data Engineer Interns will explore medical record data and use in-house developed Python tools to define patterns in data and facilitate the expansion of data available for machine learning tasks. Some experience with Docker is needed but can be learned on the job. Interest in machine learning and medicine is a plus. Attention to detail, high integrity and excellent communication skills are a must.
* Experience with Python3
* Good communications and organization skills
* Excitement to learn and apply new techniques
* Write Python module components to facilitate data cleaning and transformation into machine learning ready data.
* Perform manual queries using SQL/Python to collect and analyze large amounts of data.
* Perform automation of test cases using Python.
* Participate in lab-group and ML-team meetings.
- The candidate must be available to work part-time 6- 8 months.
- The start date may be flexible, ideally by December 1 or sooner.
- Hiring is pending upon credentialing from our institution, a process that may take 6 weeks or longer.
- There is an opportunity for hiring on a permanent position.