IT Specialist III - Application and Project Support Specialist, Hennepin County
Hennepin County District Court invites qualified applicants for one IT Specialist III position to perform advanced professional and technical work analyzing, implementing, modifying, testing, documenting, and supporting information technology systems in order to develop and maintain technology solutions to address court business needs.
Work involves applying a wide range of advanced IT concepts and processes to complex IT functional areas, including network analysis and support, systems analysis, advanced business analysis, scripting, IT project management, system administration of complex branchwide applications, and integrations analysis, maintenance and development.
The selected candidate will perform duties with considerable technical independence under the general direction of an IT Supervisor. Higher-level staff may also provide technical guidance for the more challenging aspects of work, assistance in using newly-introduced technology, or work that affects large-scale or critical systems and applications.
The IT Division of Hennepin County District Court is located in the Hennepin County Government Center, at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Typical hours are 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, with flexibility as business/division needs dictate. Some local travel within the district is required. This position works onsite.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch offers a comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about benefits, click here.
Example of Duties
- Serve as a technical lead by providing high-level guidance to other technical specialists within the unit and escalation to other support groups.
- Perform installations, inspection, troubleshooting, problem determination, and resolution for complex escalation issues on desktops, laptops, tablets, video carts, kiosks, scanners, and printers.
- Provide project management for stand-alone IT projects and work with the project management office for large-scale projects as the technical lead.
- Participate in the evaluation and implementation of new software and/or hardware technologies.
- Utilize Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Active Directory.
- Utilize ServiceNow for tracking incidents, requests, and tasks that align to ITIL best practices.
- Utilize remote tools for advanced support and troubleshooting.
- Assist in identifying and remediating operating system and application vulnerabilities.
- Assist with wayfinding creation and support.
- Monitor the Service Desk ticket queue to ensure issues are being addressed in a timely manner and follow up on open issues.
- Assist in maintaining Asset Management of all hardware assets and peripherals.
- Collaborate with court managers and supervisors to ensure new staff have appropriate equipment and drop offs for departing staff.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- Four years of experience providing end user technical support.
- Hands-on experience working in Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office 365 products, SCCM, and Active Directory.
- Experience working with video conferencing, audio systems, interactive television (ITV), and other video/audio technology.
- OR equivalent combination of directly-related experience and education.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment with all levels of customers and colleagues.
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail with demonstrated ability to multitask under tight deadlines with competing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure accurate communication of pertinent information.
- Advanced understanding of hardware and software technologies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of networking.
- Ability to take direction and learn new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience providing end user technical support.
- Experience with ServiceNow.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with vulnerability management tools.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is committed to providing fair and equal access to justice. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us. We celebrate and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and actively seek and encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and characteristics. Minnesota Judicial Branch employees consistently express pride in their public service and in the quality of programs and services provided to customers, as well as appreciation for the teamwork and collaboration that is promoted within the MJB. To learn more about working for the Minnesota Judicial Branch, watch this video.
Instructions to Apply:
Please complete your application for this position online, with resume attached. Applications without resumes will be considered incomplete.
All employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory results of a criminal background check. An employment offer may be rescinded if the background check identifies job-related convictions.
Please contact the Hennepin County District Court Human Resources Department with questions regarding this posting via email at 4thRecruitment@courts.state.mn.us or phone at 612-348-2298.
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding employment are made without discrimination on the basis of disability. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability to participate in the employee selection process by contacting Human Resources at 4th.Human.Resources@courts.state.mn.us.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age. We value and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.