Research Scientist Intern
Spectral MD, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist Intern to join our growing team in Dallas, TX. The internship candidate will work with an interdisciplinary team to communicate important clinical insights. This candidate will be responsible for high quality research in the application of artificial intelligence (AI) and optical imaging to diagnose pathologies and predict successful treatment methodologies in wound and burn care. This candidate will have the opportunity to learn about machine learning and exciting technological developments within a fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate with a fast-moving, multidisciplinary team of research and data scientists, optical engineers, and clinicians.
• Manage and analyze optical imaging data using machine learning, AI, and optical methods.
• Design experiments directed toward highly accurate diagnoses of pathological conditions using multispectral imaging and other visible/IR optical techniques.
• Read primary scientific literature and summarize insights.
• Prepare results of analysis for slide presentations.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree and is a current or recent graduate or doctorate student enrolled in a Master’s or PhD program in an accredited university.
• Field of study in Biomedical Engineering or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated experience in medical application of Computer Vision, Image and Signal processing, or Optical Imaging.
• Solid knowledge of a scripting language such as: Python; R; or Matlab.
• Experience in experimental design or clinical study design.
• Ability to learn and apply statistical methods and predictive modeling techniques and tools in the field of medical diagnostics.
• Possess skills of creativity in applying traditional and established methods or emerging techniques to innovate technology.
• Ability to use the scientific method to structure and approach toward answering a research question.
• Knowledge in experimental design or clinical study design.
• Ability to convey results/data with data visualization tools.
• Ability to enthusiastically and flexibly work in an environment where priorities may be constantly changing and progressing.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-driven work environment.
Spectral MD, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.