Information Security Intern - Summer 2020 - Masters
Summary of Responsibilities:
Santander is looking for Technology Summer Interns. The Technology Summer Internship role will provide the intern an understanding of the business of technology. The expectation is that the intern will come out of this internship with an understanding of what runs technology in a large Banking institution. They will also gain some direct knowledge of Consumer and Business Banking technology and could include exposure to banking functionality, vendors, and key compliance and regulatory requirements. They will create relationships within IT and Business that will help them grow during your internship.
Some responsibilities of Technology internship role may include but are not limited to:
- Assists Business Analysts in documenting current business procedures and processes.
- Assists in the creation of documentation and definitions for technical systems, processes, business rules and data.
- Researching new technologies and components.
- Ensure Application information is correct and updated as required
- Creating PowerPoints regarding our business case
- Special Project work related to strategic initiatives within the bank – could be related to Channel applications, Loan Systems, Mobile / Online Banking, CRM, Operations, etc
- Monthly Vendor Management meetings and SLA reporting
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Currently enrolled in an graduate program at a University or College
- Expected graduation date between December 2020 – May 2021
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00, preferably in Computer Science.
- Computer Programming background is preferred.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytics and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Availability for entire internship program.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Be ready to work and have a positive attitude. Our group is filled with hard working team-players who hit their goals, so you should be too.