TLS Web Performance Research Intern
The Web Experience Engineering Group at Akamai is looking for a TLS Performance Research Intern to do an in-depth investigation into our secure connection establishment tracking. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver who thrives in an analytical environment and enjoys working with data to address complex problems.
This internship will run from May 26, 2020 thru August 14, 2020.
As a TLS Performance Research Intern, you will be responsible for
* running test traffic to Akamai servers, collecting TCP captures and retrieving logs
* analyzing captures and logs in order to improve reporting quality
* collaborating with developers to implement improvements and corrections to logging
* documenting techniques and results as a reference guide for future use
* applying our testing framework to assess customer readiness for various TLS extensions
About the Team
Our team, the Web Experience Engineering Group, is part of the Web Division, which has responsibility for the technologies that power our Content Delivery and Site Acceleration Products. These include Mobile Accelerator, Edge Computing, and Dynamic Site Accelerator. These systems improve the speed and reliability of web sites and applications running over various networking environments. By leveraging Akamai's global Internet deployment, we can uniquely solve technology problems and delivery unprecedented functionality beyond the limitations of base networking.
Required Education and Experience
*Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field and returning to the program after completion of the internship
*Available for the full 40-hour workweek
* Familiarity with TCP network protocol
* Prior internship or professional experience preferred
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of TLS
* Familiarity with Wireshark or other TCP capture tools
* Proficiency in the following: C , C++, and Linux OS
As the global leader in Content Delivery Network (CDN) services, Akamai makes the Internet fast, reliable and secure for its customers. The company's advanced web performance, mobile performance, cloud security and media delivery solutions are revolutionizing how businesses optimize consumer, enterprise and entertainment experiences for any device, anywhere. To learn how Akamai solutions and its team of Internet experts are helping businesses move faster forward, please visit www.akamai.com or blogs.akamai.com, and follow @Akamai on Twitter.
About the Intern Program
The Akamai Summer Internship Program, which was rated a Top 100 Internship Program by Wayup in 2019, is designed to give students the opportunity to apply their skills, gain valuable experience, and contribute to the organization in a meaningful way. Internships are project-based and focus on real business challenges important to Akamai’s continued success. Program participants will be encouraged to be proactive members on their team, taking on a comfortable level of responsibility, and challenged to think critically and creatively.