Software Engineering Intern
HPR is seeking Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, and Computer Engineering students to join our award-winning FinTech company.
HPR is the leading global provider of cutting-edge capital markets infrastructure, serving the largest financial institutions in the world. On average, 10% of the daily U.S. stock market and 15% of the Australian stock market are traded through HPR products. Our revolutionary technology inspects electronic trades in the time is takes a beam of light to travel less than 400 feet. HPR’s client roster includes Wall Street’s elite market makers and hedge funds, as well as clients in Europe and Asia.
As a Software Engineering Intern at HPR, you will build upon your strong academic background as you help us advance state-of-the-art, high-performance computing and electronic trading. You will design, develop, and debug C applications running on multi-core Linux systems, to process large amounts of high-throughput, low-latency network data.
· Pursuing a BS/MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
· Must have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
· Relevant programming experience in an internship or academic environment, demonstrating strong engineering skills
· Successful completion of a course related to Data Structures & Algorithms, Operating Systems, Machine Structure & Assembly-Language and/or Networks & Protocols course
· Demonstrated ability to read and write C code
· Familiarity with Linux Bash/Shell environment
· Relevant programming experience developing Python or Java applications
· Strong technical skills, with an interest in expanding knowledge of coding languages
· Fundamental knowledge of data structures and algorithms
· Capable of working collaboratively in a fast-paced technical environment
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· C programming skills strongly preferred
· Familiarity with network socket programming and TCP
Our goal is to ensure a robust learning experience, providing you with new friends and mentors, and a foundation to start building a strong professional network. There are not any fake “intern projects” at HPR. Our Software Engineering Interns are actively engaged, making meaningful contributions to our team on a daily basis.
HPR is a collaborative organization. As a member of our team, you are in the thick of everything. Walls do not divide teams and you will work side-by-side the most talented developers, designers and programmers in the business.
HPR offers competitive compensation and benefits in a professional and fun setting. At HPR you’ll enjoy generous employee perks including casual dress code, game room and VR room access, team events, free food, and more.