IT Service Desk Summer Intern
You can have an internship. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as an IT Service Desk Intern at Herman Miller and do both.
About This Opportunity
Herman Miller’s Summer Internship Program is a paid, 12-week opportunity that provides a 100% real-world experience for students early in their career. Throughout the summer you will apply academic learning to real-world situations and cultivate leadership, problem-solving, and communication skills.
As an IT Service Desk Intern, you will work with other team members to resolve IT-related incidents and fulfill IT requests. You'll work at Herman Miller’s Service Desk to resolve incidents via phone, chat, and face-to-face interactions.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Work with internal business partners to identify, troubleshoot, and repair IT-related incidents.
- Keep current on knowledge and changes that will impact your ability to support the business and follow procedure for the quick resolution of incidents.
- Gain exposure to other areas of Information Technology at Herman Miller for a complete, rounded intern experience.
- Work with a cross-functional team to complete an intern project.
- Gain on-the-job work experience aligned with your career objectives.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business goals.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we're looking for if you are...
- A customer-focused communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Skilled at troubleshooting and have a desire to not only fix the problem, but to learn and look for ways to make the process better.
- Able to solve problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Able to follow documented procedures and processes.
- Experienced with and have a basic understanding of hardware, applications, and operating systems.
- Enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Information Technology from an accredited college or university, and able to provide transcripts upon request. You'll need a GPA of at least a 3.0 (cumulative or within your major) to qualify for consideration.
- Satisfactorily finished with the basic coursework in your chosen degree program.
- In favorable academic standing within your current academic program.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Able to perform all responsibilities of the position with or without accommodations.
Who We Are
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.