Software Development Intern (Summer 2020 - East Windsor, CT)
Who we are:
Hedberg Data Systems, located in East Windsor CT, is a top tier developer of software solutions for the contract office furniture industry. A subsidiary of Steelcase Inc., (the world's leading manufacturer of office furniture), we design, develop, deploy, and support software solutions for Steelcase and its global distribution network.
Our flagship product, the Hedberg System, is a fully integrated enterprise system used by Steelcase distributors on four continents. We also provide a series of complimentary applications, such as Hedberg Mobile.
Why people choose to work with us:
We are a creative company recently implementing agile development methodologies and investigating porting our system to a cloud-based platform.
We promote a collaborative work environment with the best aspects of a small software company, while still being part of a Fortune 1000 organization.
During the internship, we believe you’ll enjoy:
- Exposure to executive leadership
- Meaningful work in a team environment
- Learning opportunities in different areas of IT
- Utilizing state of the art technologies
- Working for a global company
- The chance to be mentored by industry experts
What you will be doing:
You'll be an integral part of the development of new software products and the refinement of existing software products.
- Analyze and tackle business problems via automated applications
- Work with multi-functional, global teams
- Analyze and design software solutions
- Work on individual and team projects
Technologies you may work with:
- Cloud Platform
- Azure SQL
- Azure DevOps
Who you are:
- Do you love developing software in your free time and in class?
- Do you thrive in collaborative work environments?
- Would you describe yourself as curious and eager to learn?
- Are you able to translate technical information to non-technical minded people?
- Are you passionate about using your analytical skills to solve complex problems?
- Knowledge and applied experience with object oriented languages (ie: java, c++, etc)
- Preferred level of education: sophomore, junior and senior
- Pursuing major of CS, MIS, Computer Engineering, or Data Science
- Authorized to work in the US without future need of sponsorship
Your Future Team:
You will join our Application Development team, a vibrant, ambitious team of software development professionals. We believe you will like the opportunity to network within the Hedberg team as well as the Steelcase IT team, which is made up of 700+ employees globally. You’ll gain exposure to various functions within the companies.
You will receive mentoring by senior level IT analysts and developers who are dedicated to building an amazing summer experience for you.
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who enjoy interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.
East Windsor, Connecticut, United States