Embedded Systems (ECE/CS/RBE) Engineering Intern Opportunity
Superpedestrian is looking for an electrical engineering or embedded software engineering student to join our hardware development team in 2019. The ideal candidate has skills in embedded software architecture, design, and implementation on resource constrained, robotic-like systems; he or she may have taken course work in digital systems design, controls and/or systems engineering, or robotics engineering. The candidate should have some experience either in embedded software using C, test systems developed with Python, or digital systems design at the schematic and/or layout stage.
The candidate will take on responsibilities in the embedded engineering team to help create, validate and release products in the micromobility shared vehicle space. The tasks may include design of components, embedded software tasks, tasks related to the manufacturing of components and test equipment, and validating the design of components already being manufactured.
Minimum Qualifications (dependent on major / desired position)
- Currently enrolled as a rising Junior or Senior in an Electrical, Software, Robotics or Controls Engineering program
- Significant experience with C and/or Python
- DSP/MCU experience in embedded robotics or motion control applications
- Design of board level schematics or layout
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Ability to write PC based tools and applications for the development, debug, and test of embedded systems
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience developing motion control systems, robotics applications or similar systems
- Experience developing support tools for manufacturing processes
- Experience with wireless protocols such as GPS/GPRS, LTE, Bluetooth, 802.11 Wireless Networking
- Electric vehicle experience
- Knowledge of brushless DC motor controls
What does Superpedestrian Do?
We are an early stage venture-backed startup company operating out of Cambridge, MA. We are currently engineering a full micromobility sharing platform for bike and scooter fleets around the world, with a focus on reliability, safety, and maintainability though the use of advanced sensor platforms and fully integrated systems.
No phone calls or recruiters please. Should you meet the qualifications of this position, we will contact you to discuss further.
Superpedestrian is an equal opportunity employer.