Financial Program Assistant (Internship)
Financial Program Intern
At Start Small Think Big (“Start Small”), we believe that access to high-quality legal, financial management, and marketing services is an essential part of starting or growing a successful small business, especially for small businesses owners who are currently lower income. We are a nonprofit organization that focuses on pairing entrepreneurs positioned to grow their businesses with top pro bono attorneys and financial and marketing experts.
Start Small is seeking a talented and dynamic individual to assist in supporting the growth of our Financial Program.
Job Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
· Participate in client intake interviews and financial meetings with clients. Assist staff with relevant follow-ups and action items. Financial meetings include topics such as bookkeeping, financial statements, tax, and financing options
· Draft client memorandums to be provided to financial services volunteers that summarize relevant information about each client and business financial needs
· Assist with the creation of financial projections and help address bookkeeping matters for clients
· Assist with the development of resource guides, templates, and other materials to further develop and enhance the Small Business Financial Program
· Assist with the planning and coordination of workshops on topics including small business financial management, bookkeeping and small business financing
· Current undergraduate student focused in Business Management, Finance, Accounting or Economics
· High level of computer proficiency including familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel. Bookkeeping experience is desired
· Demonstrated interest in the intersection of business, access to capital, and community economic development
· Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate with diverse groups, including Start Small’s clients, corporate financial services volunteers, and other external constituencies
This position is unpaid, but may be used for course credit where appropriate. Minimum 8 hours/week. Hours are flexible.
Start Small Think Big is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, or political affiliation.